Got a bad haircut that you want to grow out faster? Or want to grow your hair long for a special event? Or maybe you’ve recently suffered hair loss and you want your hair to grow back thick and healthy? Whatever your reason, many of us are interested in finding out what makes hair grow faster. The following are just a few tips to help you achieve this:
Diet and nutrition are what makes grow faster, and so by including certain vitamins in your diet you can speed up your hair growth by up to 200%. Lack of the correct vitamins is often a contributing factor in hair loss. The best hair vitamins are the B vitamins, Biotin, and vitamins A, C and D. Iron and zinc are also important in your diet.
Scalp massage increases blood flow to the hair follicles, thereby increasing the speed of hair growth. Massage can also remove any dead skin cells that may be inhibiting hair growth. You can massage your scalp using just your fingertips, moving in a tight circular motion right around the scalp. This should be done for 5-10 minutes daily.
Diet And Lifestyle
- Drink adequate water (about 6-8 glasses per day) – the average strand of hair consists of 25% water, and when you drink enough water your hair will look shinier and more moisturized. Not enough water and your hair will become brittle and more prone to breakage.
- Cut down on smoking and reduce your alcohol intake (or if possible cut them out altogether).
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet that is high in vegetables, grains, and lean meat, but low in processed foods and sugar.
- Getting enough rest and sleep is vital for the growth and repair of your body cells and your hair. Sleep deprivation and erratic sleep patterns can contribute to hair loss.
- Keep your hair trimmed regularly and remove split ends periodically – you may think this is defeating your goal of making hair grow faster, however it will actually do the opposite because it will improve the overall health of your hair.
- Avoid using curling rods, straightening irons and other heat treatments which can damage your hair.
- When tying up your hair avoid tight, suffocating hair styles – instead tie up your hair in a loose braid, bun or pony tail.
Hair Growth Products
There are numerous products on the market that claim to be able to make hair grow faster, however there are actually very few that actually work as claimed. One such product that is proven to stimulate faster growth of the hair is Indian hair oil. For more information on the best hair oil visit our Mira Hair Oil review.
There are a lot of other theories about what makes hair grow faster, but the reality is that if you follow the above tips then you should be able to increase the speed of your hair growth quite quickly. Not only that, but your hair should grow out thicker, healthier and shinier!